Thanks for visiting our Careers page!
Check below to see what careers we are currently looking for!
Registered Nurse (RN)
Southern Eye Center is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team.
Details of the position include:
- Full-time position in our surgery center
- Monday through Friday (No weekends or holidays)
- Excellent benefits
- OR experience preferred
- Current MS Registered Nursing License required
- May perform pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative care of ophthalmic surgical patients
- Ideal candidate will be dependable, self motivated, have a positive and friendly attitude, be a team player, and be focused on patient care
Qualified candidates should email their completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (601) 264-5930. Candidates whose experience and qualifications best match the needs of the department will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS
Seeking experienced ophthalmic technician, but will train the right individual for a full-time position. Must be kind, courteous, friendly, well-spoken, punctual, reliable and have reliable transportation. Must be detail oriented. Experience with electronic medical records helpful.
Must work well as part of a team, and be patient/service oriented. Non-smoking office.
Excellent work environment benefits and compensation package.
Email completed application and resume to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS
Ophthalmic Technician: Laurel
Southern Eye Center is looking for an Ophthalmic Technician to join our growing team in Laurel. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and computer skills and extend superior client service by creating a positive first impression and showing patients that we provide unsurpassed care believing that in your eyes, our patients are family.
- Interacts with patients to accurately gather information and enter it into our electronic medical records system; information is related to patients’ health history, visual acuity measurements, refractometry (measurement for the glasses prescription), tonometry (measurement of eye pressure), etc.
- Conducts tests and measures eye muscle function, pupil size, and intraocular pressure.
- Proactively engages patients in communicating what to expect with the visit and continues to communicate delays or any other changes with the patient.
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols by following policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Assists team members and completes other special projects as requested.
- Minimum of HS Diploma
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Prior Optometry, Ophthalmology, or medical background preferred.
- Experience with EHR is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, a team-player, and detail-oriented.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrated superior computer skills.
- Some travel between offices will/may be required.
- Willing to train the right person.
Please email resume and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS
Call Center Representative
We are seeking a Call Center Representative to join our team! You will be responsible for helping patients by providing service and procedure information and resolving scheduling issues.
- Handle patient inquiries and complaints
- Provide information about the procedures, physicians, and Southern Eye Center
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and concerns
- Document and update patient records based on interactions
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving procedures and referral sources
- Experience in customer service, in an inbound call center, and/or with sales is a plus
- Ability to build rapport with patients and referral sources
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and an exceptional telephone demeanor
- Clear speaking voice
- Self-motivation and initiative as well as the ability to be a strong team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a true, patient first attitude, and a passion for assisting patients and delivering a differentiating patient experience on every contact
Only those candidates whose experience and qualifications best match the needs of the department will be contacted.
Email application and resume to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS